Countdown to LIVE Training
Decision modeling with the Decision Model and Notation (DMN) standard is fast becoming the definitive approach for sustained business engagement, improved traceability and flexible and analytic enterprise applications. This training will prepare you to be immediately effective in a modern, collaborative, and standards-based approach to decision modeling. You will learn a step-by-step process on how to identify and prioritize the decisions that drive your success, see how to analyze and model these decisions, and understand the role these decisions play in delivering more powerful information systems. Interactive work sessions support each step, focused on problems that reinforce key points. All of the decision modeling and notation in the class is based on the DMN standard, future-proofing your investment in decision modeling.
With decision modeling, you can:
- Re-use, evolve, and manage business rules.
- Effectively frame the requirements for analytic projects.
- Streamline reporting requests.
- Define analytically driven performance dashboards.
- Optimize and simplify business processes.
At the end of this learning session a learner should be able to:
- Describe decision requirements using DMN standards.
- Describe the core elements of a decision model.
- Differentiate the types of decisions an organization makes and the suitability of decision modeling to the type of decision.
- Identify the essential properties of a decision.
- Recognize the layers of a decision model depicting their requirements and dependencies between decisions and the detailed logic that defines a decision’s meaning.
- Demonstrate examples of how to elicit decision requirements to identify sub decisions and refine data needs.
- Discriminate between expressing decision-making as a rigorous, structured, verifiable model rather than as unstructured, informal and potentially ambiguous text.
- Examine business rules and how business logic can be used in practice.
- Evaluate how analytics are embedded in the decision modeling process.
- Describe the orchestration of decision modeling throughout the lifecycle.
We encourage you sign up now and invite your colleagues. This training is the first step toward transforming your decision-making and achieving better business outcomes.
Decision Modeling with DMN: Live & Interactive Training
About the Instructors
Rachel is a senior decision modeler with Decision Management Solutions, working with global customer subject matter experts to elicit requirements in hands-on decision modeling sessions and workshops to create decision requirement diagrams and decision tables.
More Details About the Decision Modeling With DMN Training Course
|Tuesday, February 1, 2022||
|Wednesday, February 2, 2022||
|Thursday, February 3, 2022||
Who Should Attend
- Data Analysts working on BI and other analytics projects.
- Data Scientists developing analytic models.
- Business Analysts tasked with developing requirements.
- Managers responsible for working with business rules and analytic technologies.
- Business owners looking to make their business applications and reporting more agile and adaptable.
- Subject Matter Experts responsible for documenting business rules.
- Enterprise and Technical Architects developing business architecture models.
- Technology experts who wish to build systems and processes that fully leverage the capabilities of business rules and related analytic technologies.
General Information for Attendees
- Format – This is a live training. Recordings will be sent out after each session in case you miss the session or want to want to review at a later time. For those who live in time zones where the session is scheduled outside working hours, a separate work session to go over homework can be scheduled.
- Recommended Software – It is recommended that participants use a decision modeling software for the exercises, such as DecisionsFirst Modeler. However, use of this software is optional, and other diagramming software, modeling tools, or paper and pencil can also be used. The techniques taught are equally applicable. Course examples will be in a class installation of DecisionsFirst Modeler. All participants will receive a free trial of the recommended software.
- Cancellation Policy – Registrations may be canceled up to 48 hours in advance of the first class. A 15% administrative fee will be retained if you choose to cancel. To cancel, please contact us.
- Technology Check – The class will be conducted in Zoom. You can test your connection, video and microphone at https://zoom.us/test. Although we will use chat and Q&A to communicate in the class, it is also helpful if we are able to have audio interactions. For audio interaction you need a microphone or headset connected to your computer. You can test that it is working using the Zoom test link above.
- Other Terms – If for any reason the class cannot take place as scheduled, you will be offered alternative training dates at the same price.
What Others Have Said About the Course
“Instead of beginning with the data, I now know to start with what decision I am trying to make.”
“The course really helped me understand how decision modeling ties together business process, business rules and predictive analytics.”
“Even simple decision requirements diagrams quickly bring clarity and focus to analytic problems.”
“Decision modeling would have been invaluable in many past projects, saving significant time.”