Available on demand – contact us for more information
Three 1.5 hour sessions plus homework
A concise course for executives, managers and stakeholders stressing the key concepts and terminology of the proven decision management approach. This approach underpins the successful deployment of business rules management systems (BRMS) and predictive analytics results, the optimization of business processes and the decision-centric design of analytically driven dashboards.
This 3-part online live training class taught by leading expert James Taylor, CEO of Decision Management Solutions, will prepare you to adopt Decision Management or expand existing business rules/analytic efforts into true Decision Management programs.
You will learn the key use cases in which Decision Management adds value, get an introduction to the critical technologies for building Decision Management systems and learn the core steps in a proven Decision Management methodology. You will see how applying Decision Management to your critical decisions will drive operational success and deliver more powerful information systems.
Each step is supported by exercises, Q&A and work sessions focused on problems that reinforce key points.
Decision Management Solutions is an IIBA Endorsed Education provider. Earn 9 CDUs/PDs when taken together with Decision Modeling with DMN.
“James does a good job of explaining complex concepts in an easy and clear manner. I can relate and apply the concepts directly to my job.”
- Introduction to Decision Management
- The Power of Decision Management
- Decision Management and Decision Management Systems
- Use Cases for Decision Management
- Technology for Decision Management
- Decision Modeling
- Business Rules Management
- Data Mining and Predictive Analytics
- Other Technology Considerations
- A Decision Management Methodology
- Decision Discovery
- Decision Services
- Decision Analysis
- Getting started and next steps
- Live Session: This is live training. Recorded sessions will be available to registrants on the day of each session.
- Cancellation Policy: Registrations may be canceled up to 48 hours in advance of the first class. A 15% administrative fee will be retained if you choose to cancel. To cancel, please contact us.
- Technology Check: The class will be conducted in Adobe Connect, a Flash-based environment. Please test your environment beforehand at https://admin.acrobat.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm.
- Audio: Audio plays through your computer speakers. There is no audio dial-in. Please have a microphone or headset available for your computer so you can interact during the class. You will be able to type questions and comments, but a headset or microphone allows for more interactivity.
If for any reason the class cannot take place as scheduled, you will be offered alternative training dates at the same price.
Contact Us for more information.
“James offers world class training in today’s most important advancement in business process management and business process modeling: Decision Management.”
Quotes from Attendees
- Very provocative! Excellent use of examples and participation.
- Provided a new way to critically think about decisions.
- Learned more important things today for long-term job responsibilities than in years.
- You have a great deal of useful and wonderful info. Your stories are excellent.
- James does a good job of explaining complex concepts in an easy and clear manner. I can relate and apply the concepts directly to my job.
- Appreciated “real examples” and discussions – learned more about a topic unfamiliar to me – well done! Thank you!
Who Should Attend
- Business analysts tasked with developing requirements.
- Managers responsible for business rules and analytic projects
- Business owners looking to make their business applications and reporting more agile and adaptable.
- Subject Matter Experts responsible for documenting requirements.
- Enterprise and Technical Architects developing business architecture models.
- Technology experts who wish to build systems and processes that fully leverage the capabilities of a BRMS and predictive analytics.
- Data analysts working on business intelligence dashboards or predictive analytics projects.
James is the CEO of Decision Management Solutions. James is passionate about helping organizations use decision management and decision modeling to improve business requirements for agile, analytic, and adaptive business processes and systems. James has spent the last 20 years developing approaches, tools, and platforms that others can use to build more effective information systems. He has led Decision Management efforts for leading companies in insurance, banking, health management, manufacturing, travel, and telecommunications.
More Course Offerings